The Raman Research Institute is a premier research Institution founded by Nobel Laureate Sir C V Raman. The Institute has a rich heritage and conducts cutting edge research in frontier areas of Physics under contemporary research themes.
The Institute is undertaking a major recruitment drive and welcomes applications for regular faculty appointments. There are 14 vacancies in total with multiple vacancies at the Assistant and Associate Professor level.
Pay for Assistant Professor will be at Level 12, and that for Associate Professor will be at Level 13 (as per 7th CPC). Age limit is 40 years for Assistant Professor, and 45 years for Associate Professor. A Ph.D. degree in Physics, or in a relevant field, is a minimum requirement. Assistant Professor requires a minimum of Three years of post- doctoral experience, while Associate Professor requires a minimum of Six years of post-doctoral experience.
For more theme specific details : Click here
Applications with an established record of independent research will be preferred. While the Institute is interested in candidates with a strong background in the above research areas, additional research interests contributing to breadth would be most welcome.
Regular research staff of the Institute is expected to primarily engage in independent research in basic science and, additionally, participate in activities that promote the academic environment of the Institute.
The Raman Research Institute values interactions: collaborations with colleagues, collaborations with researchers in other institutions in India and overseas, and participation in the academic activities of the Institute are encouraged. Opportunities exist for supervision of short-term visiting students as well as Ph.D. students. Opportunities exist for proposing new experiments, the setting up of research laboratories, and participation in the many ongoing experimental and mega frontier international research collaboration and efforts. The salary would depend on experience and current status. Financial assistance towards relocation will be provided as per norms.
To apply, please send the following to @email:
*Please do not send or cc your application to @email
(a) Curriculum Vitae.
(b) List of Publications mentioning your 5 best publications.
(c) Resume detailing previous research activities.
(d) Statement containing future research plans and.
(e) Three letters of reference from people familiar with your work.
The letters of reference should reach us within three weeks from the date of application. It is advised that applicants familiarize themselves with the current research activities at the Institute, including experimental endeavors, while formulating their application.
We prefer to receive applications and supporting letters in soft copy. The preferred format is PDF files. To avoid confusion all application files should be attached to a single email message.
- The Institute reserves the right to screen and call only such candidates for a seminar/interaction/assessment as are found suitable. Thus, just fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria would not entitle one to be shortlisted.
- Travel expenses for attending the interview from any point within India will be reimbursable as per the Institute norms. (Tickets shall be purchased only through the authorized agencies).
- The candidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the application. If it is found at a later date that any information given in the application is incorrect or false, the candidature is liable to be cancelled, or the appointment terminated.
- Candidates are encouraged to contact the Group members of their preferred group for additional information.
- For appointments of people who are not Indian citizens (i.e. foreign nationals even if with Overseas Citizen of India status) necessary clearances from Govt. of India should be in place before offers can be made.
- This is a rolling advertisement and candidates can apply at any time in response to this advertisement.